Recommendations & Tips
* Don’t procrastinate. This seems simple enough, but getting started can be difficult. A few weeks prior to your move, start packing several boxes a day. Begin with items that are least essential to your daily life. If you pace yourself, you will be more organized and the job won’t be so overwhelming. Make packing easier by not waiting to get started.
* Packing Labels: label clearly. On the top and side of each box, write a general description of the contents and the room name. Use different colored markers for each room, which will provide additional clarity for you and your movers.
* Know what you can’t pack. Some common household items can’t be shipped because they are hazardous.
* Moving valuables: don’t box up everything. You should personally transport heirlooms, important papers, legal documents (wills, passports. etc.), and valuables. Make packing easier by deciding what doesn’t need to be packed.
* The Moving Guys crew will Disassemble/Reassemble large items, however, it is recommended that the homeowner do this in order to save time. **Note: we are not allowed to reassemble cribs or to disconnect gas or water lines
* Disconnecting and installing electronic systems not included
* Please make sure driveways and sidewalks are clear of obstacles. Remove snow from driveway and sidewalk-- The Moving Guys crew will shovel, however, the time it takes will be added to the total cost of the project.